Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #2728 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

I'm listening to the first Motörhead song I've ever heard (as far as I know), "No Voices in the Sky," and find I like it a lot!

I didn't realize Motörhead sang about issues of conscience and social justice. Now I'm curious to hear more of their music. I like the punk vibe of this song with its energy, its simple, pleasant melody, the drums and rhythm guitars, the strong, low, sustained guitar chords, and all that nice rhyming!

Is this soft heavy metal? Whatever it is, I like it.

Motörhead - "No Voices in the Sky"

And now I'm listening to "The Salty Dog Rag," which my dad and I used to dance together beginning when I was a child of 6 or so. I was reminded today of the "Salty Dog Rag" after listening to another upbeat song, "Boogie Woogie Piano." Happy, light-hearted songs are fun mood lifters!

Whenever I hear the "Salty Dog Rag" I want to go find my dad and hit the dance floor with him to watch him clap, twirl, and strut around with me--one of the few times I ever saw him looking like he was really enjoying himself (besides when mountain climbing):

Red Foley - "Salty Dog Rag"

"Salty Dog Rag" - the dance

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote