Music Banter - View Single Post - Last FM
Thread: Last FM
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #5451 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

I found this interesting. I have been a member of last.fm since November 2006, and have religiously scrobbled everything I listen to (and not more) since then, for a total of 119,726 tracks. I was just browsing my top played tracks for the past week, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, and overall. With that much time and that many scrobbles, I'm pretty shocked at how low the play counts on my overall top played tracks are. And how recent many of them are, as well.

1 Grizzly Bear – Ready, Able (27)
2 Violens – Acid Reign (23)
3 The Zombies – Time of the Season (22)
3 Violens – Violent Sensation Descends (22)
3 Grizzly Bear – About Face (22)
5 The Kinks – Sweet Lady Genevieve (21)
5 Violens – Spectator & Pupil (21)
8 Love – Maybe the People Would Be the Times or Between Clark and Hilldale (20)
8 Clark – Herr Bar (20)
8 The Shins – Phantom Limb (20)
8 Yeasayer – Madder Red (20)
8 Band of Horses – Blue Beard (20)
8 Band of Horses – Factory (20)
8 Band of Horses – For Annabelle (20)
15 Yes – Long Distance Runaround (19)

The fact that many come from 2-3 specific albums is just because I tend to listen to full albums, so naturally the songs are close in total plays. I think it's obvious that if I'd been able to scrobble during my teen years, I'd have much higher individual plays since there was no internet and we tended to focus our attention on fewer albums. It also shows that in the past few years, I've started to return to that practice of spending a lot of time with specific albums.