Music Banter - View Single Post - Don't think other people like your music, they don't.
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 11:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Although I would not be some venomous in my wording, I kinda have to agree with the OP.

Our music is usually our own for a reason. And that reason is very few other people will like it, as it is very hard to find someone else truly "into" music.

I really only have two friends who are really, really into music. And though we do have a few similar tastes, and we can agree to listen to certain things, in most cases they think that my music is incredibly bizarre, as they listen to completely different bands or genres. One of these friends is also my bandmate. This is not including my brother, who is also REALLY into music (mostly jazz), but has a very closed mind as to what is good, and I have a very hard time getting him to like anything new.

Heck, even my other bandmate likes primarily pop and country music with very few exceptions.

All I can say is unless you know exactly what someone likes when it comes to music, don't buy them a CD. Give them money, or a gift card. Or just let them borrow a CD. That way it costs no money, has no "nice" pretense around it, and if they don't like it they can tell you. If it is a Christmas present they wouldn't want to offend you by saying your music sucks. Hopefully.

And that my insane tired rambling on the subject!
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote