Music Banter - View Single Post - Lupe Fiasco
Thread: Lupe Fiasco
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #80 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pourmeanother View Post
I definitely see your point, but it's hard for me to get behind it when that's not what the artist wanted or intended whatsoever. I've been reading a lot of interviews recently where Lupe is basically describing the process behind this album... and he hates most of these tracks. All of the auto-tune garbage and the track with John Legend (who I dig) were basically something that exec's came up to him with and said 'just rap an accessible dumbed down song on this, ok?' This isn't a Lupe Fiasco album, this album is:
Atlantic Records "Lasers" (feat. Lupe Fiasco)

Lupe Fiasco Says Recording L.A.S.E.R.S. Was Like 'Painting Poodles' - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV
Interview: Lupe Fiasco Hates His Own Album | Complex.com
Yep you are right. It's like Atlantic Records Presents Lasers feat Lupe Fiasco

that couldn't be a more dead on interpretation.

Like I suggested earlier though, he should release two versions of the same album or maybe do a mixtape of the songs that he wanted to put on versus what he has to put out because of the studio.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote