Music Banter - View Single Post - Should Boo boo get parole?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #192 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

S_k - Because we've already tried a dozen times, and when his year is up we're goin to try for lucky number 13, in the hope that the time away from this place has cleared his head and caused him to gain some social faculty. Even by your arguments stance, the mods here have tried what you're suggesting. To give him another short ban would only undermine the purpose, which is to make him realise that his behaviour has to change. As I noted earlier in the thread, his ban came about partially because he made light of it during the episode leading to his banning. He specifically made mention of how he didnt care about being banned because he'd just come back again and it wouldn't affect him.

The time away has obviously made him start to realise that can't be how it is any more, but is it really any less damaging in the long run if we show boo boo that simply asking nicely can get him out of a punishment he knew was coming and courted anyway? He can come back when his year is up. He has every choice in the world open to him except one, until then, and when he gets to the year, he has every choice including that one. He is not significantly inconvenienced by being denied access to this website until then, and if he is inconvenienced that much then what he needs isn't this forum, its a therapist. It wouldn't be fair on the mod team to expect them to shoulder that burden for him.

With any luck his return will mark a new boobs, and even me and even the mods will end up revising our opinions. It'd be best for everyone if that's the case, but (Yet more) leniency won't help a bit towards achieving that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!