Music Banter - View Single Post - Who deserves the title "The King of Rock and Roll"?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 06:34 AM   #212 (permalink)
Wolf Dog Moon
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Yes , I agree with you to a certain degree that he was a great performer and he used that ability to make Rock and Roll a more common thing in people's mind. I just don't agree that he should have that title for just being a really good performer. He was really the Britney Spears of his time.
I couldn't disagree more. Britney Spears as compared to Elvis, are you serious? Yikes. Good performer? You do realize that Hey Joe by Jimi Hendrix is a cover, right? And half of Led Zeppelin's songs are covers that they did not credit the source. Cocaine is not written by Clapton, neither is Crossroads. Not sure where you're going with the performer thing. 99% of Rock & Roll is performance. Even Chuck Berry knew that and learned from Muddy Waters, T-bone Walker, and may other blues masters.

Comparing Britney Spears to Elvis is like comparing the Monkeys with The Beatles...I just don't know what to say! I think you're picking a fight. So I am walking away now...
Wolf Dog Moon is offline   Reply With Quote