Music Banter - View Single Post - Spanish language music anyone?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #109 (permalink)
Zaqarbal
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scissorman View Post
oh, god, I think I am going to throw up...
I understand you. I've heard similar things many times. It's disappointing to see how certain Hispanic "musical exportations" sound lately, whereas much great music remains unknown outside the Spanish-speaking world. That's why we are trying to "spread the word" here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
I like some Spanish covers of Dylan I heard on Masked & Anonymous (the movie) but I dunno who sings 'em
They are Italian covers: Come Una Pietra Scalciata (Like a Rolling Stone) and Non Dirle Che Non E' Cosi' (If You See Her, Say Hello). I like the second one, but, in my opinion, the first one is a "cultural crime" that should be punished with ten years of forced labours in a Silvio Berlusconi's company.

Wanna listen to a good Spanish cover of Dylan? Memphis Blues. That is, Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again. By Kiko Veneno and Santiago AuserĂ³n (aka Juan Perro, ex-Radio Futura's vocalist and composer):

Last edited by Zaqarbal; 03-23-2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: One song title corrected (official title is 'Memphis Blues').
Zaqarbal is offline   Reply With Quote