Music Banter - View Single Post - The Most Humiliating Experience Ever
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #160 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

I just remembered one that was awful - not as bad as the diarrhea incident previously mentioned, but horribly traumatic and humiliating.

When I get nervous at a music audition, I get flustered and speed up tempo a lot of the time. I know I'm doing it, but it's like, I can't stop. This embarrassing event takes place at one such music audition.

It should also be noted that at the time of this audition, for no apparent reason, a bunch of friends and I would "pistol wink" at each other to show acknowledgment. Which looks something like this:

Anyway, this music director was a complete hardass. She didn't take any nonsense and was super-intimidating, so I was nervous. She also, it must be noted, constantly had a large frappucino on her piano. At all times.

During the song, I began to speed up the tempo. I knew I was doing it, but I couldn't stop. She glared at me, and I got really tense. I gripped the edge of the piano to steady myself, so I wouldn't shake, and she stopped playing.

She said, "Okay, let's try this again, but this time don't speed up the tempo."

And I pistol winked.

And the frappucino got in the way. It happened in almost slow motion. I just see my hand hitting the cup, but it was like an out of body experience, like they weren't my hands, and I was helpless to just watch.

The lady and her piano were covered in frappucino. Laughter erupted. I was mortified.

Remarkably, I still got cast.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote