Music Banter - View Single Post - The Send Someone Something They Dont Listen To but May Like Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 06:58 PM   #528 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Long time reply. Apologies.

From Dankstra:

I am always open to any sort of music. If someone sends me a generic Pop album and says that track four is genuinely good then I will give it a listen so when I received this album with the general tag of early industrial I was both intrigued and a little apprehensive.

Despite the experimental nature of early Industrial I have always found it a very hit and miss genre. One to appreciate and admire but not always worthy of repeat listens. This album proved a very definite exception to my own enforced rules.

Cazazza is an individual who has also dabbled in anti- authoritarian art and his music is both thematically and structurally non conformist with some tracks built around vocalised poems and rants and others based upon media samples and text. This makes the album all the more interesting to listen to and explore but does it stand up to repeated listens? You bet it does. I have listened to this album at least 3 times from beginning to end and each time found something new and unique.

It is not an album I would buy oddly enough because it is obviously not an album you can put on in the afternoon and read a book to but it works perfectly in a certain frame of mind; whether that is shooting the breeze on the net or wearing headphones in a darkened room to heighten the dark ambience.

Despite it's defiant stance in being non mainstream, it is very easy to listen to in the right circumstances and I never find myself wanting to switch off once I am deep in his murky world of his music.

A definite winner and very rewarding. Many thanks Dankstra.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote