Music Banter - View Single Post - Who deserves the title "The King of Rock and Roll"?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #231 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozinbloozin View Post

Besides with the exception of Davey you and D.J are just trollin but its cool. I dont get bent out of shape about lil stuff. I stand by Hendrix and Yes im probaly a hopeless fan boy. Thats what it is to truly be a fan of something. Im not however losing my sense of reasoning and logic. Of course the Beatles had more influence than Hendrix did but the initial debate was Elvis being crowned the king. So in comparison other than his mass popularity..no doubt cause of the marketing aspect of things and time of which he came about. I wouldnt place him over Hendrix for the King of Rock title. He was an image not so much an artist or experimenter or lyricist.
I'm not trolling you this time even though you may feel this way. I agree with you that Elvis most definitely shouldn't be the King of Rock and I already stated why in the past but he's basically the Britney Spears of his time.

I really think it should go to Chuck Berry
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote