Music Banter - View Single Post - 7 U.N Workers Killed by Afghans in response to Koran Burning.
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 10:01 PM   #97 (permalink)
Zaqarbal
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
well, they shouldn't burn the Quran, anyway - I may not believe in any of it, but it contains some of the most beautiful poetry ever written - to me, it's like burning Rimbaud or Wordsworth

then again, you can burn the Bible all you want, nobody's gonna give too much of a fuss, I have so many Bibles sometimes I want to tear out their pages to roll my cigarettes and weed in

on the other hand, if you want to uphold every letter of the law, Christians should go on a killing spree of all people having extra-marital affairs - "Thou shall not commit adultery" - it should void "Thou shall not kill" as they're equal commandments - i should think it follows Asimov's 3 laws of robotics:-

Three Laws of Robotics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ergo, thou shall not kill unless you kill those who commit adultery
Apart from the jokes and ironies (very good, by the way ), the "robotic" aspect is very interesting. In fact, I'd say it's the heart of the matter. Or the mother of all the matters. Let's say it clear: if in year 2011 there still are millions of people acting mechanically as robots, slaves to a book, unable to take moral decisions by themselves, immerse in an eternal adolescence, then THAT is the real fu**ing problem!!! As Sam Harris rightly says, "The Problem with Islamic Fundamentalism are the Fundamentals of Islam".

From a short-term perspective, and in a purely pragmatic aspect, perhaps we could discuss the advantages or disadvantages of certain minor actions. But those are rare exceptions. We can't renounce to basic principles, such as freedom of expression.

According to the politically-correctness mafia, it is unfair to say that some parts of the globe are more socially-developed than others. But that's the truth. Due to a terrible poverty and a suffocating political and cultural isolation, Afghan people are victims of religious leaders and politicians without scruples.

Quote:
the Quran is basically peaceful for the first 10 surahs because Mohammed was living a Christian life, it only got militant, sexist, even perverted after he decided to live like a warlord
No, actually everything was already perverted from the beginning. It was a typical ascendant criminal career: Once you start with camel smuggling, you may end up founding a religion.

Quote:
(expects sharp insults from crukster)
Nah. No problem. If you don't say anything about that bloody motherf***er genocide of Armenians and Kurds named Atatürk, everything is OK.