Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #293 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Your example of the fisherman and the BP oil spill is a perfect example of this kind of selfishness. Why did he kill himself? Because HE couldn't take HIS OWN guilt anymore. He knew dying wouldn't help his family and he did it anyways to get rid of HIS OWN suffering. Disregarding his family's in the process. A disgusting person.

I hate how with pretty much any disorder or disease or personal problem, everyone on MB for the most part uses that as some type of excuse for behavior. Oh, he's depressed, he can't think!!! Seriously, get a grip. Being depressed doesn't turn you into a mental retard and you still understand right from wrong. Suicide is pure selfishness at it's absolute highest level. Wanting to end YOUR suffering while knowing it will cause more suffering to others, and doing it anyways.
Yup! You know exactly how they think. You could be a great therapist!! !!!! You know everything!1! 11 Were you friends with the fisherman? You seem to know more than this close friends do. That's incredible!!!!1 I wish I had talked to you beforehand!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
To call something selfish is to imply that one's own interests are considered alone, however, depression being a mental illness, you can't bring any thought or logic into it. You simply can't claim thoughtlessness to a person who can't think normally. You can't ascribe any logical or decisive adjectives to an illness of that nature.
10,000 times over, THIS.