Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Rap Artists
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 11:39 PM   #632 (permalink)
duge84
Groupie

1. Andre 3000 - Outkast has always made original music that no one else could duplicate and Dre has always seemed to be the driving force behind that. His production talents are vastly underrated and I've always believed that an MC who can also get behind the boards truly understands Hip Hop music. I dont think I need to remind anyone of his solo and Outkast's track record of hit singles.
He's a talented songwriter who can stick to a subject as evidenced in "Synthesizer" or "Da Art of Storytelling part 1". He's used several different styles ("It's OK" w/ Slimm Cutta Calhoun and "Trans DF Express" w/ The Dungeon Family) and continues to push the envelope of originality and complexity of rhyme schemes today ("Lookin For Ya" from Big Boi's solo). His wordplay is adequate enough to compete with any other of my favorite MCs. But, its not always what you say but sometimes how you say it being the difference between a Wordsworth or Ras Kass v. Andre 3000.
Ive always felt its easy to gauge who's a better MC when comparing them head to head by actually being on the same track. Unfortunately, outside of Big Boi and The Dungeon Family Dre has only featured with the likes of Mystikal, 8ball and MJG, Raekwon and UGK. While he has recorded with Snoop Dogg and Lil Wayne just around the time Wayne first started murdering mixtapes, there has never been an MC on the same track as him that put down a better verse.
This is the first time Ive ever posted on any forum and I know a top ten was supposed to be posted but I'll do the other 9 later.
duge84 is offline   Reply With Quote