Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 03:48 AM   #3449 (permalink)
chipper
Music Addict

Believe it or not, I have listened to more K-Pop in the past seven days I thought I can ever bear in my entire lifetime.

YouTube - K-Pop Countdown (Top 10 Male Groups Songs) HD

I went to Korea (work related) and met with a lot of music executives there. I was there for over a week. Just got back several hours ago. Man, I thought Hollywood is sell out but wait till you learn how they create their music industry there. It's manufacturing at its finest. They make cars with more respect that they would "make artists".

Artists audition. Then some executive and planning team will create an image for them. They are then "workshopped" to embody the image. All in the name of someday being recognized internationally and by internationally they mean US. That is their sole goal. Get recognized here. They emulate American sound, pattern their music to ours. Never mind identity or sanctity of their owns. Heck, i don't even think they have their own sound.

Here is what they identify as rock YouTube - FT Island - Flower Rock @ Korean Pop Night Concert 2010

Okay, I am probably in the wrong thread. Just couldn't wait to share that here. Need to go to rest now. Will banter again tomorrow.

real love letters to exes
chipper is offline   Reply With Quote