Music Banter - View Single Post - Muslim Women
Thread: Muslim Women
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 03:46 PM   #65 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
So in France they have now officially banned the Burka. If a woman is to wear one she will be charged $500. Is this against their rights? Do these women have rights with or without burkas in Eastern countries? Do they know any better than what they've always lived in and been brought up to believe?

Do you think this is fair? Some may argue yes due to the ongoing threat of terrorism and the ability for suicide bombers to have anonymity by wearing these burkas. Others might say no as it is stereotyping those wearing burkas and is against their rights as a human being.

My next question is, do you think it is fair how Muslim women are treated by Muslim men? How much do you actually know of their culture? A lot of women appear to be very keen to wear burkas by respectfully covering up according to their faith, but is this really what religion dictates or is it what men want? From what I understand, men are considered too tempted by women who show flesh and cannot control their urges. Therefore the women must cover up either completely or only leave their face uncovered in order to not encourage men. This is partly due to the rule that a man may not be alone in a room with a woman unless he is wed to her.

I ask western men here, how would you feel about being in that situation where you cannot see the women you are to be with until after you've wed? In the west it is all based on dating and judgement on looks and personality but over there the couples have very little chance to get to know each other. In a nut shell, you will be marrying a stranger who you haven't seen apart from the face/eyes at most.

Now I may be slightly off in my understandings but have this knowledge from dating an arab man myself, which was not the easiest thing to do. I do realise that there will be another side to all this and it is hard to understand a situation without living through it yourself and it becoming personal.
I haven't looked this up, but if it's for some sort of safety reason I can agree with that. I don't really know why else they would be banned to be honest.

I think middle eastern muslims are morons for the most part. Women are second rate citizens from what it seems like. They're a notch above the family dog. I watched a documentary on MSNBC not long ago about some Muslims here in the USA. The Dad murdered both his teenage daughters because they were secretly dating. You can find their 911 calls as they were dying online. Unfortunately that piece of shit was able to get back to the Middler East somehow with his son and avoid punishment.

Anyways, maybe I was getting a little off topic there. But there is absolutely not chance in hell I would ever marry someone without seeing them. It sucks for people who choose that religion, but they knew what they were getting themselves into. Just another case where religion showcases how stupidly powerful it can be.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote