Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #998 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
When Gabbert fell, I couldn't believe that the Vikings wouldn't have traded up 2 spots to get him. Oh well, just another wasted first.

I don't think Julio Jones was a reach at all, I had him going 6th. I was just surprised it was the Falcons who traded up. That offense could be lethal. I doubt he'll end up better than Green though. Both are studs, but Green is a step above IMO.

And the Cardinals secondary is going to be incredible.
I think what they gave up was a stretch. Julio Jones is a good wideout no doubt about it. But converting wideouts to NFL receivers usually takes some time. Not saying he won't be a good one, but its a timing thing. The one positive is Roddy is gonna be the one demanding double coverage leaving Julio on an island with the other DB. You gotta double Tony the tiger also, should open up their game a bit, but we'll see how it works out.

Cam Newton is gonna start from day one in Carolina and should make a run at offensive rookie of the year i believe. I like the Chargers pick being a Charger fan, they have been lean on the defensive inside since losing J-WALL. Cam has been good, but its always nice to have depth.

I thought the really bold move was Tennessee taking Locker so high. I would have waited on the Colin Kaepernick from Nevada. Guy is a flatout winner and i think he passes Locker on any depth chart in the long run.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote