Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 03:16 AM   #264 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I really enjoyed that Erica. I can definitely relate to it. As I was reading it there was a few points I wanted to make but by the time I got to the end. They slipped my mind lol. I will probably edit this post later on if it randomly comes to me.
Thanks for reading, dj! I'm glad someone relates.

Well, *I* had some issues with the lyrics, which is one reason i waited so long to post them. I never found a way to correct the problems, which are inherent in the song's basic concept, so I finally just gave up.

First, a minor problem: I'm afraid it sounds as if I'm singing about a vacuum cleaner. When I wrote "vacuum" I hoped people would think "vacuum" as in "empty space lacking matter," but whenever I read these lyrics I now envision a vacuum cleaner and start to laugh. I laughed for a year before deciding to post them anyway.

Second, a MAJOR problem: the song kind of sounds like I'm singing to someone who is involved with a man AND a woman at the same time. I never figured out a way to prevent this potential impression that the song is about a failed polygamist relationship.

On the positive side, I realized there aren't many songs to boost the spirits of polygamists whose love relationships have failed. So my lyrics may fill a niche much in need of filling!

My lyrics make me think of writing a REAL polygamist song, something like this:

"Wife Number One hates me.
Wife Number Two hates me, too.
But Wife Number Three,
she was so good to me,
until Number Four said 'I do.'"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scissorman View Post
Wow. I feel as if you're talking to me directly, which is a great thing. I would really like to hear this sung
That's because I *was* talking to you directly, Scissorman.

J/k!

Thank you for commenting on the lyrics. Your words motivate me to record the song sooner rather than later.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 05-02-2011 at 07:55 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote