Music Banter - View Single Post - The Cake Discography Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 03:53 AM   #45 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

I grew up in Northern California, so I take CAKE for granted. I assume every single person on this forum listens to CAKE and I was proven wrong by reading this thread and seeing some folks' responses.

I agree with most all that you said, Big3, and I'm glad there's someone on here that did some above average CAKE reviews. I couldn't imagine doing better myself.

Although I recall wanting to say: "Where Would I Be?" is a beautiful, beautiful song. It was one of the first tracks I learned on the guitar (interesting finger plucking), the lyrics are spot on, emotionally for me, and the track has lasting power. It's a great contemplative track. The horn section is fantastic as well if I recall correctly.

Additionally, Showroom of Compassion was average on first listen (being, my least favorite to date) and has grown enormously to stand on its own as it should. At least 3 5 star tracks on the album, the hit or miss single (miss for me, but it's all right), and a solid few other tracks. Teenage Pregnancy being a nice change of pace for them. I await your review.

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote