Music Banter - View Single Post - Religious people: what is your level of observance?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 04:09 AM   #247 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozinbloozin View Post
Having completley given up on religion its even comical now when I look at it and its people. To me for years it was almost as if I didnt have a choice being brought up in it. Everywhere you look there is a church and peoplle are just appaled at the thought that someone doesnt believe in god. I just suddenly realized that that the only reason ive beleived it my whole life is because thats what I was taught my whole life. Now its corny as hell to me and imo its just a bunch of hypocrites pointing fingers hoping that will over shadow their own faults. Preaching to me to restore my faith in God and be redeemed. While they take a drink of their beer and cuss and all the other things people do. I find it hard not to just laugh uncontrollably and I think they notice me biting the sides of my cheeks to keep from it. which infuriated them even more. I had a nice long drunken debate as to why I didnt believe in god anymore a couple of weeks ago. The someone was drunk and prob high as well but trying to convince me that salvation ly's with jesus christ. That there are no judges at church only good hearted christian people that love the lord and follow the righteous path. Being as intoxicated as I was I finally just ended it with a "no thanks and **** you very much....but I mean that in a good christian way"
Frankly im fed up with the hypocrites of the relgious world and am stuck in the heart of the bible belt. Fox news and fire and brimstone acts of preaching are the foundation for way of life here. All the while you knowing the goods on most the preachers and deacons that pretend to be the pillars of holiness.
Yeah, I have come to find out that the most evil and mean spirited people are the same ones going to church every Sunday morning and they think that when God comes back that he's going to take them away but they are most definitely going to be left behind.

The people inside of church also turned me away from religion.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote