Music Banter - View Single Post - The Big Bang AKA Where The **** Did It All Start?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 09:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

I am a believer in certain versions of the "Multiverse Theory". As far as how it all began, that's where it all starts to go to shit. I believe that viewing space and time in unison as "Spacetime" is a step in the right direction. Here in this universe, we have 3 dimension of space: length, height and depth (comparable to the X, Y and Z axes of a Cartesian coordinate plane). We also have 1 dimension of time, which has been shown to be relative (the faster you go, the more time slows down) and linear (as far as we have seen, it can only go in one direction). These are the boundaries that we work within in this universe.

In the future, I believe that achieving speeds close to and possibly at or above the speed of light will be possible. What will happen if this occurs? Who knows, but many have speculated. Per Einstein's Theory of Relativity, time slows down as you get closer toward the speed of light. If this is true, does exceeding the speed of light actually REVERSE time? Again, who knows. And then you should factor in the spacetime in place of time. If time can be non-linear, can space, and thusly spacetime? This is where the "Wormhole" or the "Einstein-Rosen Bridge" should come into play.

If time can be non-linear, then by definition so could spacetime. The Einstein-Rosen Bridge is basically a place in spacetime where space is bent, making two distant places in Spacetime connect (so that the shortest distance between the 2 points is no longer a linear straight line, but instead zero, or no distance at all). Bending space would inturn bend spacetime.

The mastery or creation of an Einstein-Rosen Bridge would allow for the specific fine-tuning of space, and therefor spacetime, and therefor time travel itself. In theory, one would be able to travel to any place and to any time. With such travel possible, one could go as far ahead into the future or as far back in time as they wanted. (Cue up the "Grandfather Paradox" right about now). Since time would now be non-linear, does it actually have a beginning or an end? Think about a clock. Does it start at 12:00:00am and then turn off at 11:59:59pm? No, it rolls around and keeps on ticking. I believe that this is how time works. It can have no beginning and no end (only reference points). The "Big Bang" is just a reference point, possibly caused by the implosion of another universe within the multiverse, which was itself caused by the explosion of another universe (and so on, and so forth). It is a never ending cycle. With energy being constant, it behoves us to believe that the never-ending cycle never began in the first place. With so much energy in the universe, and the energy being constant, it could not have grown from nothing (or zero energy) into the massive amount that it is now. With the energy being constant, and the speed of light being constant, the following is how I see it going down:

e = m * (c^2) (where e=energy, m=mass, c=speed of light), therefor:
m = e / (c^2)
With the energy of the universe being virtually infinite, we get:
m = infinity / (c^2) = infinity
Therefor, the mass of the universe is infinite.
d = (m / v) (where d=density, m=mass, v=volume)
The volume of the multiverse is finite, it has an exact and unchanging volume.
With mass being infinite, we get:
m = (d * v) = infinity
Since (d * v) is infinite, and v is finite, then that makes d infinite.

In summation:
Mass is infinite and constant.
Volume is finite, but not constant.
Density is infinite, but not constant.
Energy is infinite and constant.

It's just a constant cycle that has always been, and always will be. This is a hard theory to wrap your head around, but no harder than religion or "God." I doubt that this will do much to prove or even get us any closer to getting the answer that we are looking for, as I'm probably just talking out of my ass, but that's my shot at it.

It can never end, thus, it never began. It just "is." Makes no sense, but just as much sense as everything else.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote