Music Banter - View Single Post - rapture begins may 21st
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 12:19 PM   #195 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
For the record "Under God", was added to the pledge in 1954.
Thanks, I thought it was slightly earlier in the 30s or 40s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
It surprises me, to be quite blunt, that such a huge percentage of the population (these are grown, voting adults) has such a stupid damned belief based on nothing more than what a collection of writings by many different authors that has been translated and transcribed for centuries is telling them. I'd hate to be sensationalistic, but if you take a look at this situation seriously it becomes quite dire. What happens when 40% of the nation believes that the Earth will not be around for the next generation to inhabit? Do you think they give a rat's ass about nuclear arms proliferation and global warming? These are the people voting for our leaders, and our leaders are the people running one of the most powerful entities in the world, making the decisions that ultimately affect the rest of humanity. It's some fucking scary ****, to me, that 40% of people have an ancient and unfounded millennialistic belief that the great gig in the sky is going to vacuum them all up to eternal paradise with ten virgins or whatever goddamned nonsense
The whole voting process is a sham anyways. It's based off of the electoral college and certain states will ALWAYS end up being blue states while others are red states. The only states where you would have to worry about that is in the swing states.

I can't speak for all Christians but just because they believe in the rapture doesn't mean they don't want to take care of the earth. Most Christians that actually read their bible would know that there isn't a specified date when the rapture is to occur so they WOULD want to take care of the earth so that their children aren't in a more terrible situation than the current one.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote