Music Banter - View Single Post - Can God Give Free Will?
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 06:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Mr November
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Say on a hot summer day, you saw your friend pick up a hamburger that he found in a trash can and before he started to eat it you said "No don't, that's a bad idea." He say "Why?" And you said "Food poisoning - I don't want you to get sick, I don't want you to eat it." and he's like "no biggie," then you say "you'll suffer by not doing what I want you to do." So saying that doesn't mean you want him to suffer it's just that you know the consequences of eating bad food.
Right but it's a different story if you put him in an empty white room with the hamburger, made him sit there starving, and also happened to be the one who ensured that the hamburger was food poisoned.

That's not a good analogy that I'm making, but just as an extension of the one you started let's say. And also add in the added bonus that you are psychic and you already knew whether he would eat the hamburger. So you created the situation knowing the result that would come of it. This more closely resembles the hypothetical situation of God.
Mr November is offline   Reply With Quote