Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #412 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post

Like is it really that tough for you to understand? Why WOULDN'T a gay female be at least slightly offended by a up-and-coming rapper, whose audience is largely impressionable teens, rapping primarily about killings ***gots and raping women? I don't understand how people like you consider THEM crazy because they... put out a letter on their website stating their disapproval. Oh man! How insane of them!! They are gay women and they oppose anti-gay and rape lyrics!?!?! TIME BOMBS!!!
Because nobody is asking her to listen to it. All rap music is listened to by "impressionable" (oh my god, the poor children-what will they become!?!!) teens.

Quote:
And do you actually think anyone takes it super serious, as in thinking Tyler actually rapes or kills anyone? Surely they don't, and I feel like almost everyone realizes it's a character rapping... I wish I could think of a lifestyle equivalent that would be equally offensive to a white male, but I'm not sure there is one. But Like I said before, even as a character and obviously false, the black community would be OUTRAGED if someone as popular as Tyler (but white) was making half his songs about "killing niggers".
These hypothetical scenarios as an argument for why odd future is wrong are so ****ing stupid you guys are getting me real life pissed off.
Quote:
-Sorry for coming off as harsh, I don't hate you dude but this has been building up in this thread awhile cause it makes no damn sense to me how teagan and Sara are looked at as idiots because they oppose anti-gay and pro-rape lyrics.
Nobody is calling them idiots, they just are wrong, even if its for the right reasons (which it isnt)
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote