Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 08:16 PM   #413 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
Because nobody is asking her to listen to it. All rap music is listened to by "impressionable" (oh my god, the poor children-what will they become!?!!) teens.
Just because nobody asked her to listen doesn't mean it's any less offensive to her. Odd Future has a considerably large following as and 'up and coming' rap group. So because Tyler didn't ask her to give them a listen, she shouldn't be offended? That's unbelievably stupid, please correct me if I'm interpreting you wrong.

Quote:
These hypothetical scenarios as an argument for why odd future is wrong are so ****ing stupid you guys are getting me real life pissed off.
It's not about them being right or wrong, it's about why people in this thread have a problem with their comments. The hypothetical scenario is a great example and parallel to what we are talking about. If a white guy made a CD which featured a lot of lyrics about "killing niggers" I bet most of you wouldn't challenge the black community that got outraged and pissed off about it. I think you'd even go as far as to join in their opposition. Maybe because it's gay women, you're prejudice shows a little bit? I'm not suggesting, just wondering aloud. Because I think opinions would be very different if it were anti-black lyrics being spewed. And again, there's nothing wrong with that hypothetical.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote