Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 08:22 PM   #415 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Just because nobody asked her to listen doesn't mean it's any less offensive to her. Odd Future has a considerably large following as and 'up and coming' rap group. So because Tyler didn't ask her to give them a listen, she shouldn't be offended? That's unbelievably stupid, please correct me if I'm interpreting you wrong.
Christianity has a huge following too. They're not that into homosexuality either, maybe she should go out of her way to pay attention to it and attack it.
Quote:
It's not about them being right or wrong, it's about why people in this thread have a problem with their comments. The hypothetical scenario is a great example and parallel to whadt we are talking about. If a white guy made a CD which featured a lot of lyrics about "killing niggers" I bet most of you wouldn't challenge the black community that got outraged and pissed off about it. I think you'd even go as far as to join in their opposition.
It's not a great example because for it to work you have to assume that odd future's music is sincere and has an agenda, and we can both agree that this isn't the case.

Like i said last time this bullshit came up, is that their definetly has been racist rap before, and it didn't become popular because most people can tell the difference(maybe you cant)between dark satirical humor and and legit hate.

hey, i even found some for ya
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=276238

Quote:
Maybe because it's gay women, you're prejudice shows a little bit? I'm not suggesting, just wondering aloud. Because I think opinions would be very different if it were anti-black lyrics being spewed. And again, there's nothing wrong with that hypothetical.
dude c'mon, i'm not going to let you bait me like this. I love all my sista's equally.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote