Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official OFWGKTA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 12:15 AM   #429 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
Christianity has a huge following too. They're not that into homosexuality either, maybe she should go out of her way to pay attention to it and attack it.
See here's my problem with this type of argument, it's like what they are saying is invalid because they aren't attacking every single group or person spewing anti-gay stuff?? Cmon man, if they posted a bunch of stuff opposing every group that is against gays, then the same people calling for that (you) would be mocking them for going out of there way to oppose all of these groups.

Quote:
It's not a great example because for it to work you have to assume that odd future's music is sincere and has an agenda, and we can both agree that this isn't the case.
Yes we cna both agree, and I don't agree if T&S think they are dead serious. But I'm giving the hypothetic of a white guy making anti-black music as a 'character' and being insincere. I don't understand why it's totally ok to say it against gays or women but if someone attacked blacks, even sarcastically through lyrics, it'd still be a huge outrage don't ya think?
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote