Music Banter - View Single Post - Fat People - A Burden On The State?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 05:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
captaincaptain
I Am Become Death Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozinbloozin View Post
I watched the movie/documentary" super size" me the other day on youtube and its scary some of the numbers and statistics that were shown. This guy eats McDonalds 3 times a day for 30 days to see what would happen health wise. Yes its a lil extreme but for some its not to far of a stretch from their daily routine. Its free to watch on youtube, and you dont have to download it or anything. Id recommend watching just to see all the problems this guy starts having health wise. Its crazy, and I never really gave it much thought till I watched this the other day. Im lucky enough to have pretty high metabolism so I can eat a lot of junk food for long periods of time and never really get fat. When I drank I would sometimes start to put on a few extra pounds whenever I would get carried away with my drinking, but I would back off and start watching my intake and exercising.(cutting out cokes and fast food junk food etc) Weight is something to me that can be helped in my mind. All you have to do is watch what you eat, and ****ing exercise if your not happy with how you look weight wise. Stop griping about it or talking about it, and just do it already. Losing weight is rather easy ive found, and exercise becomes something you will enjoy after you get into the routine. Eating healthy starts to taste just as good after you realize how in tune you are with your body and how much better you feel eating healthy. Its fun to eat junk food and drink cokes but if your doing it to the point that your causing yourself health issues or becoming reliant on the goverment to take care of you. Then you might want to reconsider you diet and make some necessary changes to better yourself. I realize this may be easier said then done but maybe some ultimatims should be given for a little motivation. I mean I struggled with drinking for years now but just put it down cold turkey a month ago this friday and cigerettes as well a week later. To me they go hand in hand anyway. Im not on a patch or going to any A.A. meetings at the moment but it was something I felt it was time for me to do so im doing it. Its that simple and theres no reason that over indulgence of food shouldnt be that simple as well. Food to me is like anything else..if you want to stop eating so much then you will. This isnt rocket science
There's another documentary called, Fat Head (haven't seen it yet), that refutes some of the information in Super Size Me.

Having a high metabolism doesn't necessarily make you healthy and that's my problem with obese people. It's not just their eating habit, but their need for inactivity. A healthy person needs to be doing a minimum of 30 minutes of cardiovascular activity a week. I'm not saying you (not specifically you, but everyone), need run marathons (I'll do that for you), but jump on a bike or a treadmill and don't stop til that episode of 2 1/2 Men is over.

If we start penalizing the fatties, where will it end? How about people who tan? A line has to be drawn at some point and I'm not comfortable with politicians telling me what to do.

captaincaptain is offline   Reply With Quote