Music Banter - View Single Post - Fat People - A Burden On The State?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 06:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
captaincaptain
I Am Become Death Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozinbloozin View Post
Thats also true that im not comfortable with the government having that much control either. If its to the extreme though that people are needing help from the government cause they cant seem to pass up the KFC and get in a little excercise. Then there should be some kind of process they should have to go through upon qualifying for help. Like maybe some health classes, and things like that..or maybe a shock collar that goes off whenever they start to drool at the thought of french fries and double meat cheesburgers..JK. Seriously though something could be set in place to help get them on the right track, and help them regain control over their life. If they refuse then they could seek help somewhere other than the government. If they're not wanting government help then honestly I dont care what they look like or want to eat. Be fat all you want to be fat if thats what makes ya happy, but dont do it to the extent that your a burden on the tax payers. Or get mad whenever someone makes fat jokes and start to cry about something you can easily fix yourself.
I eat as healthy as possible, work out 7 days a week, and I'm at a healthy weight. Eating without concern and not working out will catch up sooner or later. I always ask people, how many 300 lbs, 80 year olds. do you see walking around? Not many. I'm not too sure there's an afterlife, so I have to live this life as healthy and fulfilling as possible. None of my grandparents lived beyond 65 and I'm determined to live 30 years beyond that.

On another note...I find it sad that we have people that die in this country (and others), because they eat too much, while there are people that die in our countries of starvation.

captaincaptain is offline   Reply With Quote