Music Banter - View Single Post - Fat People - A Burden On The State?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 12:04 AM   #87 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Obese people who can't work and claim disability are huge burdens to all of society. I don't think they should be provided any more beneifts than your average person. It is their choice to live that type of lifestyle and shouldn't be rewarded with disability money for being fat and lazy.

Fat family claims disability

This country hands out disability checks like hotcakes it seems. Seems to me like it's way too easy to claim disability for just about anything. Hell, I think Paloma could claim disability if she wanted (what a joke). It promotes being lazy and worthless to society and I don't like it. Taxpayers basically pay for some obese loser to eat themselves to death. I don't want to hear any bullshit excuses from fat people either about their genetics or hereditary obesity or whatever. Christ, you don't even have to exercise, just eat at a calorie deficit everyday. You won't look like a supermodel but at least you won't be morbidly obese. I want to be clear that I don't personally hate these people and feel for them and their families if and when they become sick, but it's a joke that they get paid for being fat. Stop paying them, and they can either be responsible human beings and change their eating habits or they can become poor and die.
Since Paloma found this offensive and complained the mods, I want to clarify what I was talking about in the bolded section. Paloma has said she could receive disability for being schizophrenic (i think), even though she seems relatively normal. And I was talking about how people get disabilities for things they shouldnt. And her being able to get a disability check if she wanted is a total joke to me. I still don't really see how that was offensive, but apparently it was so I am clearing up what I meant.

And the thing about people who are fat compared to racial minorities or gays is that there is more ability to control the weight than race or sexual attraction or whatever. That's pretty obvious. I don't think anyone is hating on fat people in general anyways, pretty much just the ones that are so gigantic that they can't work. I don't really buy into the food addiction thing. I realize people get depressed or have poor self image or a bad childhood or whatever, but I still feel like it's all up to the person whether or not they want to lose weight. If you know that eating a pack of donuts will only make you fatter, and you do it anyway, I can't chalk it up to 'addiction' as an excuse. To me it's just not a real serious commitment in wanting to quit. For anyone who wants to lose weight, it isn't rocket science, just eat less than your maintenance calories. I just think it's more a matter of will power than 'addiction.'

and i didn't realize how long it took to get disability so thanks for that info, really, but by 'easily' I mean more being able to get disability for stupid shit that I don't think warrants a disability check. So many mental disorders that seem so minor. Just because some doctor or psychiatrist somewhere diagnosed a weirdo with a mental illness doesn't warrant them getting free money in my opinion. That's what I was saying by my Paloma comment. She has said she can get disiability for being a schizo and I think that's a load of dogshit
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote