Music Banter - View Single Post - American Police Brutality
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 11:00 PM   #78 (permalink)
Mr November
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Posts like this make me question my stance. Guns are the only issue I seem to be changing my mind on every few months. Guess it depends on your living situation. I've never felt in danger of someone robbing my house, I've never been scared of a felon because that's not the culture I have lived in. Good point though, felons ARE always going to find a way to get guns on the black market so I don't think gun laws are really preventing most crime - the criminals will have guns anyways
Gun Control

^ Amazing info.

In my opinion it's better to make guns illegal because if you have a criminal, they might go buy a gun on the black market, but if you have a civilian and you let them have a gun, you might be creating a criminal/accident/misjudgment.

And I think a lot of the issue comes from indoctrination in the first place. As a Canadian I really have no problem with the fact that I'm not allowed to have a gun. I don't feel like my rights are being violated I just feel like it's a law that makes sense (like you aren't allowed to have fireworks without a permit, you can't start a fire in your backyard when the houses are really close together, you can't cary around a machete).

Best to let the stats above do the talking though.

EDITED.

Last edited by Mr November; 06-08-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Mr November is offline   Reply With Quote