Music Banter - View Single Post - Do atheists believe that Jesus existed?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 11:55 PM   #33 (permalink)
Gregor XIII
Music Addict

I meant dominant in the mind of the people believing in him. Sorry, English is not my first language. He is much more important than an urban legend, to the people concerned with him. They would be more careful.

And of course. It is an oral tradition after Yeshua. No doubt about it. But it must stem from something, and with the speed it developed, that must be something substantial. A life or a lie. And if it was a lie, it wouldn't be so inconsistent at it's core. Sure, the details would remain the same. But talking about forgiveness on the mountain, then getting into a fit and throwing people out of the synagogue. His personality would have been less messy. But yeah, I can see that I haven't really been able to explain what I mean on that one.

The thing is, as important as Yeshua became to people, if someone had invented him it would have had to be a conspiracy at it's core. And then it wouldn't have been so contradictory. I think this is what I'm trying to get at.