Music Banter - View Single Post - my girlfriend hates indie rock
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #92 (permalink)
Standbyking
Groupie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
My gf cannot stand any indie bands I am into. Even bands I consider to have strong pop elements like r.e.m., pixies, spoon, she can't get into. For some reason this bothers me more than I feel it should, to the point that I am almost ready to give uo on the relationship because in past relationships I have felt a stronger bond and understanding with women when we relate to each others tastes in music. Am I being to harsh or does anyone else feel the same?
Heheh this thread makes me think o that song by Five Iron Frenzy -The Wizard Needs Food Badly. I would post it for ya, but Im still a groupie -can't post links yet. In regards to your question I idk. It could be a big deal, and then again it might not be. Depends on how she relates to you Man. I mean if she completely detests your music, but relates well to you, and cares for you, and respects you, and all around gets YOU, then God forbid ya lose that girl. I mean YOU are not your music. But ya know, if she's not into your music or anything else about ya, then your doing yourself few favors by stickin around. But really idk. lol I don't know you, and don't her lol
Standbyking is offline   Reply With Quote