Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 10:29 PM   #1089 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laces Out Dan! View Post

I wanna know how this hit is clean compared to Rome's hit. Rome was clearly suspended for his hit, because it was late and because the player was injured.

Look how far along the puck has already gotten by the time Boychuk drives Raymond into the boards...Kes gets the puck and has a shot before Raymond even hits the boards...Raymond is left with a Vertabrae compression fracture. Out 3-4 months.

Ive had no problem to be honest with Bostons Fans or Players in this series...but when the fines start chanting "Diver, Diver" and Raymond lays on the ice...what disrespect. And then instead of clapping when he finally gets up and is helped to the bench, they start chanting "We want the cup". I have a problem with that, Id say we handled the Hornton hit with a lot more respect.
How was this even comparable? Raymond's actually one of the only Canucks I actually respect and it's incredibly unfortunate with the way he got tangled up but how do you "drive someone into the boards" at like a mile an hour? It's a freak accident.

I can't speak for the Bruins fans at the Garden but what would you expect would happen if that Horton hit happened in Vancouver? And the way the Canucks handled the Horton hit was to bitch about the suspension and Rome saying that he'd make the same hit again.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote