Music Banter - View Single Post - Stevie Ray Vaughan
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 06:46 PM   #93 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozinbloozin View Post
Man appreciate those posts! Couple different vids I had not seen yet in there and I never get tired of hearing SRV. Personally I like the more aggresive string attacking violent bravado inflicting Stevie more so than the smoothe side of him. Dont get me wrong any and all of his music I have a deep respect for but I like the more soulful sound of him belting out cries with his strat the most.
Telephone Song has some very funk bass guitar, maybe blues/funk/rock would be a better description that particular single. I like the way that he imposes compression and tremolo on the lead solo. The keyboard solo and keys accents on the single Rivera Paradise are just as inspiring musically.

Rivera Paradise: This is a soulful instrumental. After a full day of recording material for the album, Stevie asked his producer to leave the tape running and to turn down the lights. All alone, he recorded the guitar track on his Fender Strat. Double Trouble added the backing later, including an organ/keyboard foundation from Reese Wynans.
source: Riviera Paradise by Stevie Ray Vaughan Songfacts
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote