Music Banter - View Single Post - When Someone is Banned
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 06:51 PM   #743 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

The issue here isn't the virgin, he's bad, everyone wants him gone, he's clearcut.

The issue is the grey area regards popular opinion dictating policy, and I think things there are hazy.

On the one hand, it could lead to groupthink, mods banning any members who piss off enough people, but thats unlikely because most people aren't douchey enough to gang up like that.

The other problem could be influential members demanding bans on basis of seniority and contribution, and that would also be bad. I know for a fact that some would argue this already happens. Only today, I was told by someone who shall remain nameless, that "Paloma is effectively a mod". The person then went on to say that he thinks Paloma basically has the power to get people she doesn't like banned because she's pally with the mods.

Personally, I doubt thats the case, but its a can of worms.

Now, making up rules on the situation will only limit the GOOD things the rules allow, which is getting rid of nuisances who deliberately skirt the rules to piss people off. The rules need to be flexible to get rid of those wankers.

What we do perhaps need though, is assurance from the mods that nobody will ever be subject to these powerful, flexible rules, until absolutely necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!