Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 09:23 PM   #4228 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

I've been listening to some songs by The Outfield, who are one of my "significant other" groups, meaning they are a band that became a blip on my radar screen because a former significant other liked their music. I always thought this group was from California. But nope, they are an "arena rock-influenced British pop rock/power pop power trio."

Although their songs are simplistic, gushy, and repetitive, I still like the following two partly for nostalgia's sake and partly because I like waiting for little moments I enjoy in them. Their vocal harmonies and clear voices remind me of the Electric Light Orchestra:

The Outfield - "The Night Ain't Over"
(My favorite part is when they sing about sweat : "It's five in the morning and I can feel the beads of sweat running down the back of my neck; it's so good to be with you again.")

The Outfield - "Say it isn't so"
(I think it is the solid drumming that attracts me to this song. I also like the quieter part where they sing, "It's lonely on the streets when it's just 1 AM, mmm, seen a lot of pretty girls passing by. I'm walking in the midnight sun once again.")

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote