Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 07:46 PM   #17781 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laces Out Dan! View Post
I got mono in October...went away pretty fast..but what stemmed from it was brutal. It triggered an auto immune difficiency in my body. My white blood cells were attacking my platelets so I couldnt form blood clots. Had all kinds of bruises on my body and I didnt know why..but then one night I had a nose bleed for like 5 hrs so I drove myself to the hospital and was diagnosed with a condition called ITP. Several hundred needles, and probably 6-7 IVIG treatments later they decided they were gonna have to remove my spleen. They did that April 12th...and it managed to cure it. Only about a 70% success rate for it so I was a little uneasy but all is well now.

Hope the same doesn't happen to you.
Yikes, that sounds awful. I seem to be making a good amount of progress, no more chills, headaches or fever, so hopefully the worst bit is behind me. Throat feels awful still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
Not surprised. Everytime you lugee up blood there is most likely something wrong.

Good luck getting better though. From what I here you just have to wait.
Yeah, I knew I was in trouble when I coughed that **** up and my throat still didn't feel any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
Poor Conan! I hear that it takes a couple of months to fully recover from mono. If you didn't get it from kissing, you probably got it from sharing a drink with someone.
That's what I think happened. Haven't kissed anyone recently, and nobody who would have had mono.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote