Music Banter - View Single Post - Iraq war - yes or no?
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 04:36 PM   #161 (permalink)
THE INTERNET
Music Addict

ok, saying things were better under sadam's regime was a stupid thing to say, i was merely rewording adidass' 'that sort of thing didn't happen under his iron fist'. as in better than the apsolute mess it finds itself in now i.e people on all sides dying.
Nor do i condone any violent means. Given the right time? care to put a frame on it?
Sure a government even federal can be established, but the problem of innocent iraqis dying by the hands of other iraqi's is not going to go away. hence my comparison to the ira (800 years after invasion and now some form of political peace might be on the horison). and in the height of it innocent irish people died at the hands of their same country men.

im not looking for an argument adidass, i just thought saying 'they can't take care of themselves' a bit of an odd statement. I am fully aware of the shia and sunni divide but they didn't cause the anarchy that exists now...removing order and insufficiently upholding it did. thats all. peace out gnome sayin?

POST MODERN WHORE

http://www32.brinkster.com/alpharelish/daemienfrost/