Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 12:41 AM   #282 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazstp View Post
I like the cello and I sympathise with the message but I'm not sure it would reach anyone who wasn't already like-minded. I'd say if your motivation is to reach people who aren't already on-side you might need to be a little more subtle about it. I have enjoyed reading what you have posted. It does seem well written which leads me to believe that you would be more than capable of fashioning some sort of emotive narrative that might draw people in and allow them the chance to empathise.
Those are all great points and I agree with you. Thank you very much for your thoughtful feedback, fazstp.

A little explanation might help here: I didn't intend "Wring" to be a song that converts others to vegetarianism. I wrote that song based on some of my childhood memories and experiences since then with how I see people think about and treat livestock animals.

It is a song of hatred.

I am still pissed that when I was a child I was told I had to eat an animal who was killed before my eyes, or have no dinner. I feel that one of my strongest actions in life was, as a 5-year-old, to choose to have no dinner when faced with that awful choice.

I feel that treating animals and killing them in the ways shown in the video is an atrocity, and I am saddened that children are raised not to care. I am saddened that *I* was raised not to care about animals, and no one around me cared, and I had to do all the caring on my own, alone.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 07-19-2011 at 01:00 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote