Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Police Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 04:56 PM   #77 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
You need to remember that the severity of an attack can greatly differ as well, for example a friendly swipe at a band as opposed to this band is a load of crap etc type comment, shouldn`t be taken in the same context.

Of course there is room for discussion here and nearly every opinion on here is subjective anyway as that`s largely the point of most forums. The comments were valid, as my familiarity with all the bands mentioned is pretty good to make a viable comparison, I`m not in the habit of adding bands just for the sake of it. If the debate was based around more stringent criteria such as 3 piece bands that were around at the same time as the Police, which 3 piece band was the most original or which 3 piece band had the best hairdos then I would`ve certainly named less than twenty other bands, because no criteria had been set, it was really the sky is the limit!

I really don`t know why you`re suggesting this type of post should be posted in the lounge, with topics about herpes and who people had sex with last night, as the essence of the post it is music based, so I don`t really see that there was a better place to make the post really and considering I was making a direct comparison with the Police this thread seemed quite appropriate.

Saying all that, I have noticed that there is The RIP Thread in the lounge, quite an appropriate resting place for the Police don`t you think?
The Police grossed over 358 million dollars on their recent reunion tour, i'd say thats pretty indicative of them not being dead in the marketplace. Don't believe me then WIKI it, the #6 grossing tour of 2010 in fact. Its nice to have opinions but at the end of the day, i'm sure The Police will be just fine.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote