Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 02:49 AM   #4530 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liljagare View Post
Could have been much worse though..they could have had a thing for Lewis Caroll's "Jabberwocky" poem instead and try to match "Everywhere" to that

Another day another song
True about the Jabberwocky poem! And I love Ric Ocasek's song, "Emotion in Motion." Very pretty and emotional.

But oog, do I ever hate that video! It's even worse than the one for "Everywhere." It does at least make me laugh, such as when Ric, desiring to rescue the poisoned woman, ambles off at a slow pace on his steed (speed is not of the essence, apparently), trailed by a little person jester, to slaughter some ogre with a timid thwack and acquire the antidote.

The ending *is* sort of sweet, though, with all that cuddling, and I like the fox in the background shnuffling around. Not many videos have real foxes in them.

Now here's another contrived video plot...but this one doesn't bother me so much for some reason:

Naked Eyes - "Always Something There To Remind Me"
Their best song

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 08-08-2011 at 03:13 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote