Music Banter - View Single Post - Do atheists believe that Jesus existed?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #122 (permalink)
Buzzov*en
Anxiety Hangover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Connoisseur View Post
If you're doubting the existence of Christ, then you are essentially denying ancient history as a whole. The Roman historian Tacitus and ancient hebrew historian Josephus have chronicled the life and times of Jesus in their writings and histories. So to deny them would essentially be the equivalent of denying all written history.
The so called evidence is too weak to prove a Jesus Christ existed IMO.
There is no verifiable proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Not really. A little digging on the topic reveals that it's not as ironclad as some people would have you believe.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
Buzzov*en is a troll, no need to even reply to his posts.

Per the ideals of the thread, I believe that there is sufficient evidence for the existence of a man named Jesus. His existence is usually a given, seeing as how he has been named in numerous religious texts. It's usually his works that are brought into question, not his mere existence, so this seems like a step backwards to me.
I am far from a troll. Just because my beliefs differ from your's does not mean I am trolling. Thanks for trying though.

Since when do religious texts count as evidence? The Gospel accounts are no more historical than any other myth in the history of the world.

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote