Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 02:32 AM   #4767 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaltezon View Post

It's My Life - Wendy O. Williams & the Plasmatics

see Wendy O. Williams - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow - I didn't realize what a fiery, self-determined life Wendy O. Williams lived, matching well with her song, "It's My Life."

I didn't expect her to be a vegetarian (although she did look very fit!) or to have killed herself after several disturbing attempts, since she seemed to live life so fully. Her suicide note, if it is what she wrote, makes sense to me and I agree that to kill oneself is a fundamental right over one's being that a person should have in a free society, but I wish her emotions tying her to life had rung more loudly and clearly than those that pulled her to die.

I listened through parts of around ten of her songs, trying to find the one that appealed to me most. I liked "Stop" because it sounds controlled and cleaner than some of her more frenzied punk songs, making the energy feel directed rather than scattered and chaotic to me:

Wendy O. Williams (Plasmatics) - "Stop" from Coup d' etat album (1982)

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote