Music Banter - View Single Post - Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 08:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
YorkeDaddy
silky smooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Salami View Post
Well, I know that the word "great" is subjective, but I can't for the life of me divine any sense whatsoever from the lyrics to "Paradise":

"When she was just a girl / She expected the world / But it flew away from her reach / And the bullets catch in her teeth"

I think my accusation of rhyming for rhyme's sake is justified. What tense is it supposed to be in anyway? The song is insipid enough anyway without this kind of sloppy, careless songwriting.

I do agree with you on two things: that the ending is rushed and that it is not their best album.
Rhyming for rhyme's sake? These lines don't even rhyme completely; rather, they are semi-rhymed. And how are these bad lyrics? What is defined as "good" lyrics to you? Would you rather go jam to some Floyd and hear Gilmour babble, "hello? is there anybody out there? just nod if you can hear me"

Poetic.

Paradise is about a girl that thought she was on top of the world. Everybody knows someone like this in their life. Well, this song describes the girl's downfall. "Bullets" are a metaphorical way of describing the newfound issues in her life, as the poster before me said. Maybe you're incapable of understanding figurative language, and for that, I apologize.
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote