Music Banter - View Single Post - Pre-WWII Avant-garde Music
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 06:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
I am talking about when blues were first being played, that's what i've been talking about the entire time. You admitted that it started as avant-garde, and that's the point I was trying to prove. Blues didn't follow the blues ruleset when it was first created, because there was no set of rules at the time. In the beginning, it was avant-garde, and that was my point.
Your point is not valid because EVERY ****ING GENRE starts as a form of avant-garde. Which makes blues irrelevant to mention. It's especially irritating because the point of avant-garde is to show people different approaches than the norm, and we've all had the 'blues is great, rock is great' club beat over our heads since childhood.

How about we talk about a form of music that wasn't, ok?

Pre-WWII avant-garde composers are extremely underrated. They approached ideas, and concepts that mainstream music did not adopt really until the 80s(well, somewhat int he 60s), and since has adopted very VERY minimally. They were really pioneers in the sense of utilizing things that nobody would touch. Including sampling, usage of non-instrument devices in music, and electronics. Long before 60s psychedelic bands/producers, or 80s new wave bands made these concepts trendy. They even lead into early musique concrete that created music entirely off samples 50 years before hip-hop was beginning to gain a reputation for it.

These guys were cutting edge, they were beyond cutting edge, to be honest.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote