Music Banter - View Single Post - What Shows Have You Been To Lately?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 10:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Yeah, I'm really glad I got to go, it was kind of last minute

Perhaps it doesn't have bad connotations for you, but I believe atonality is fundamentally counter to what I consider music. It turns a collection of notes into nothing more than aimless noise.
Are you sure you're using atonality in the correct definition? Because, knowing or not, I'm sure there's a ton of music which you enjoy that is atonal. Hip-hop, for example, is obviously completely atonal, as well as a lot of rock.

Personally, I don't care for scales. That's not just for noise, or avant-garde, either. There's no reason why you can't right fully harmonic/melodic music completely ignoring them. I think there's gaps in the system that can easily be matched with human intuition which is often more substantial than 'theory math'.

Glad you enjoyed Mastadon, though. I really need to get out to concerts more. Last thing I saw was Battles, and that was in freaking August.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote