Music Banter - View Single Post - The Big Bang AKA Where The **** Did It All Start?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 12:46 AM   #119 (permalink)
sonar1
Groupie

Lately I've been contemplating an image that sometimes accompianies shows like The Universe, on the History Channel, etc.:

They sometimes show a pulsating glob of gold colored stuff that then expands exponentially into the known Universe (as everything there is).

My concept is this:

We think of "nothingness" as possessing the physical attributes of a vacume. If that were accurate, it then becomes just as feasible to describe that the strength of this vacume of nothingness "pulled" the universe into existence, and supports its expansion.
Sort of like Bernulli's principle of cavitation pulling the oxygen out of water by lowering the pressure in the pump below the boiling point (gas laws).

Two problems: the first is that scientists have been demonstrating that the expansion of the universe is "accellerating" as we observe further and further away from us, towards the theoretical "edge" of the expanding universe. How that could be if the vacume were doing the work without increasing its pull kind of smokes my melon. 'Course the outer edges of explosions don't accelarate faster later either. Physics has got some secrets we ain't hip as we think we are to, yet.

The other is that what is present in the universe as matter was implied (at least in energy) at the beginning. Which I suppose crashes my theory about the vacume being The Cause.

Ever grow crystals for a Junior High Science project?

It just looks like a pan of colored water when you heat the ingrediants, but as the days pass crystal structures form and grow and soon you have hard material.

So when I think of "all the ingrediants being present" at the big bang moment, I conceive of that potential in somewhat the same way.

Of course a mathematician could easily point out my fallacy, and demonstate that my theory is way off.

In the same way, I assume all our present theories will some day be shown to be way off.

Last edited by sonar1; 11-18-2011 at 01:13 AM. Reason: spelling, but don't look too hard as I'm sure there are other spelling errors still here
sonar1 is offline   Reply With Quote