Music Banter - View Single Post - Surreptitiously, However...
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #52 (permalink)
The Fascinating Turnip
Moper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Sounds fantastic. Always regret I never did those things when I had the chance, and now I'm stuck (that sounds horrible, doesn't it? I don't mean stuck) looking after my sick sister for, I guess, the rest of my or her life, I'll never get a chance to. Oh well, at least I'm doing so good and can live with myself.

John Martyn, eh? Can't think of anyone more appropriate to accompany such a pilgrimage. I reviewed "Glorious fool" a while back: what an album. If you haven't heard it yet I urge you to remedy that situation (pm me if you need the album). Magical tale, magical music. Just one question: to where was this pilgrimage?

TH
Well, I don't really know what to say my friend...I hope everything turns out for the best.

On another note, I only have three John Martyn albums: Solid Air, Bless The Weather and One World. I suppose the latter is a bit closer to Glorious Fool in sound?
And thank you! The "pilgrimage" was in an island called Terceira in the Azores, which is an archipelago in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. It won't really help you much, I believe, but it was from "Angra do HeroĆ­smo" to "Serreta".
The Fascinating Turnip is offline   Reply With Quote