Music Banter - View Single Post - Do atheists believe that Jesus existed?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 08:40 PM   #148 (permalink)
blankety blank
Passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
^^i tend to disregard most strawman arguments myself
Trust me. He was not a strawman. Unless, you are referring to my argument as being weak. I don't think so, but, you never know. There's a whole lot more to this story than meets the eye.

I am just touching the surface on the canonical account. Christian beliefs in an actual human sacrifice offered up by their God in order to be a fall guy, so they don't have to be responsible for their own actions.

It goes way deeper than this.

It is the greatest story ever sold, I mean told

So, please don't disregard it. Argue it please?

I have even touched on the various birds, bees, flowers, and the tree symbolism. It's a great story.

But, if you must disregard it, please at least delve a little deeper as to why?

Because, as numbers go, we are only at 444, and 666 is much more entertaining, unless one actually believes it is more than a simple story, and actually believes in the 'one shot at life, screw it up, and off to hell for eternity you go' business. Many do.

Jesus said, "Whoever drinks from my mouth will become like me; I myself shall become that person, and the hidden things will be revealed to him."

And Simeon blessed them and said to Mary His mother, "Behold, this Child is appointed for the fall and rise of many in Israel, and for a sign to be opposed--

Become better than I; make yourselves like the son of the Holy Spirit. (Secret Book of James)

I am not certain what you meant by 'strawman', so please elaborate.

Peace