Music Banter - View Single Post - Greatest White Rapper *Poll*
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 12:37 PM   #937 (permalink)
Phantom Limb
Chocolate Homunculus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomClancy11 View Post
I wouldn't say he is over rated by most people, it just turns out that he is probably one of very few white rappers that people who voted have heard of - therefore the best by default. And, as I said, he actually has released very good material.

He has let himself down since 'The Marshall Mathers LP' but he is still a very good lyricist that chose a mainstream path pretty much from the off. If he decided to make alternative rap that would appeal to members of this forum, I think it would have been some of the best you ever heard.
But that wouldn't make him any money. The path he chose just proves he's not in it for the music. I think everyone who hates him now would still hate him just as much if he was spreading his wackness all over "underground" beats, and everyone who's riding the dizznick would keep on riding. Besides, Eminem was always leaning "mainstream" thematically; there was no chance of him making "alternative" rap.

Last.Fm

My Bomb Music Shit
Phantom Limb is offline   Reply With Quote